News & opinion on Greater China and the even Greater Beyond: by Biff Cappuccino.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers," complained [Thomas] Jefferson.

Taking a break on the manufacturing of bad novels (though the next one should be much better as I'm past the self-indulgent screw-the-audience phase I think and into the healthier and more productive money-whore stage). Inspired by my latest flip-flop on the National Taiwan University grad program. Thinking of writing the required exam in English instead of Chinese (a language I can read and type, but not write by hand). Wouldn't be the craziest stunt they've seen I'm sure. They might buy it anyway, as there's an oral interview and I speak Chinese like the wind plus I've translated for plenty of respectable non-entities around town. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive